Virtual Hand Therapy Review Course
The Virtual Hand Therapy Review Course (Virtual HTRC) includes an innovative online format comprised of 21 on-demand sessions, including a cadaver lab.
- The course content is now available for access upon purchase.
- The date of 9/30/20 (shown above on the course web page) refers to when the course was first launched. This does not mean you only have access to the course until 9/30/21. You have access to the course for an indefinite period of time.
- Registration includes an online course manual containing all of the session presentations, as well as other support material provided by each presenter.
- Upon registration, the log-in credentials to access the course portal will be emailed to you within 48 business hours from the purchase date.
- The course will award 20 continuing education hours, or 2.0 CEUs.
Foundational Science of the Upper Extremity: An Anatomy and Kinesiology Review
A working knowledge of the anatomy and kinesiology of the upper extremity provides a solid foundation for therapeutic evaluation and intervention. Using virtual lecture and cadaver sessions, these sessions will review the anatomy and biomechanics of each joint, examine the brachial plexus and innervation patterns of the arm and hand, and allow for observation of a virtual guided prosection using upper quarter cadaveric specimens.
- Cadaver Demonstrations
- Brachial Plexus and Upper Extremity Innervations
- Anatomy & Kinesiology of the Elbow and Shoulder
- Anatomy & Kinesiology of the Forearm and Wrist
- Anatomy & Kinesiology of the Hand
Comprehensive Survey of Hand Therapy
These sessions are designed to provide a comprehensive review of the evaluation and intervention processes pursued for typical diagnoses in upper extremity rehabilitation. Advanced clinicians will describe fundamental concepts, clinical reasoning, and evidence to provide a multi-faceted approach to the hand therapy process. Adjunctive methods for intervention will be analyzed as a means to facilitate outcomes.
- Evaluation of the Upper Extremity
- Principles of Tissue Healing
- The Use of Physical Agents in Hand Therapy
- Ligamentous Injuries and Tendinopathies
- Flexor Tendon Injuries
- Extensor Tendon Injuries
- Arthritis and Joint Reconstruction Procedures
- Wrist Biomechanics and Instabilities
- Ulnar Sided Wrist Pain and Salvage Procedures
- Elbow Diagnoses and Treatment
- Shoulder Diagnoses and Treatment
- Peripheral Nerve Injuries
- Tendon and Nerve Transfers
- Multi System Trauma
- Dupuytren's, Infections and Other Topics
Cancellation of registration prior to the start of your virtual course is permitted and will result in a refund minus a $50 cancellation fee. THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS AFTER THIS ESTABLISHED DEADLINE. It is the responsibility of the registrant to notify ASHT of cancellation in writing or by email to email@example.com. Refunds will be issued within 30 days of notification. In the unlikely event that a course is canceled, ASHT will provide full refund of the registration fee only.
All grievances may be directed to the ASHT Education Division by sending an email to:
Education Plus Associate: Course Registration Plus New ASHT Associate Membership (for Non-Members) $485 *
Education Plus Affiliate: Course Registration Plus New ASHT Affiliate Membership (for Non-Members) $485 *
* Education Plus combines new Associate or Affiliate Membership dues and HTRC registration into one payment. Membership will be valid thru 12/31/22.
* Education Plus is solely for non-members who would like to join ASHT; it is not for existing members who would like to renew their membership.
For further information about Associate of Affiliate Membership, please visit Membership Categories.
For further information or questions regarding this course, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.