ASHT's Technology & Communication Committee was created to promote recognition of the relevance of ASHT and its products within the healthcare community and facilitating member engagement utilizing the most current technology available. The committee is focused on increasing public awareness of hand and upper extremity therapy, monitoring trends in communication and participating in projects related to Hand Therapy Week and other campaigns.
Committee projects include writing/reviewing monthly pieces for ASSH's HandCare.org blog (aimed at patients/public), creating hand and upper extremity therapy awareness videos (including ASHT's hand safety and injury prevention series) and social media content, developing ideas for growing Hand Therapy Week engagement, recommending content and avenues for communication with the goal of increasing ASHT membership, contributing written pieces to ASHT publications, evaluating new products in the technology field and assisting with other projects as directed by the ASHT Board of Directors and divisions.
Applicants should have:
- A high level of interest in technology, communication and the hand and upper extremity therapy specialty
- Strong written communication skills
- Regular access to email/Internet
- Availability to attend monthly calls (1 hour)
- Availability to assist with ongoing projects (2-4 hours per month)
- Interest in working with other dynamic individuals as part of a team
- Willing to invest a two-year commitment as a committee member