For as nearly as long as I can remember, I have been a cheerleader. I started cheering on the sidelines for a Pop Warner football team at age 5, continued through high school and then in collegiate competitions. As an adult, I have come to realize that cheerleading comes in both direct and indirect forms. Cheerleading is encouraging a patient toward a goal. It is you being present for a colleague who is delivering an important presentation. Cheering is fundraising to support your favorite team.
#TeamASHT will be cheering on the American Hand Therapy Foundation (AHTF) by way of the 6th Annual Virtual Run/Walk to support hand therapy research. The money raised from this run/walk will help fund critical research related to hand therapy practice.
There are several ways you can be a cheerleader and participate:
- Join #TeamASHT by registering for the event
- It's just $31 to join a team
- Team Name: TeamASHT
- Eventbrite Password: TeamASHT2021
- Let other ASHT members know to sign up for #TeamASHT
- Encourage others to donate by sponsoring your run/walk on #TeamASHT
- Let people know about the event by sharing in department newsletters, with local organizations, other hand therapy groups, employers, colleagues, friends and family
- Show your support by completing a run/walk the week of June 7-13, 2021
- Take a pic, selfie or video of you on race day
- Upload and tag #TeamASHT on all your social media platforms including: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat and Pinterest
AHTF has been cheerleading hand therapists since its founding in 1989. AHTF is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. The foundation supports efforts to develop and improve evidence for upper extremity hand therapy practice through funding clinical research, scientific research and education. This work is vital to how we as hand therapists deliver evidence-based practice to our patients.
Please help #TeamASHT cheer on and support AHTF this June!