Virtual Orthotics Fabrication Course
ASHT is proud to present a new virtual format for our popular Hands-on Orthotics course.
The Virtual Hands-on Orthotics course includes an innovative online format comprised of 15 on-demand demonstrations. A basic, intermediate and advanced option is available to benefit therapists at all levels.
- Each course module includes five orthoses and offers an introduction to the orthosis, a step-by-step manual sheet, an image of the pattern and a demonstration of the fabrication process.
- This continuing education activity offers the following continuing education hours, or CEUs:
- Module 1: Basic - A maximum of 3 continuing education hours, or 0.3 CEUs
- Module 2: Intermediate - A maximum of 2 continuing education hours, or 0.2 CEUs
- Module 3: Advanced - A maximum of 3.5 continuing education hours, or 0.35 CEUs
Upon the completion of the Virtual Hands-on Orthotics course, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate ability to fabricate 15 custom immobilization orthoses for the upper extremity (five orthoses per module)
- Describe indications, precautions and contraindications for the use of immobilization orthoses for the upper extremity
- Demonstrate knowledge of and practical applications of immobilization orthoses for the upper extremity
Module 1: Basic
- Digital Gutter
- Forearm Based Thumb Spica
- Ulnar & Radial Gutter
- Volar Wrist
Module 2: Intermediate
- Posterior Long Arm
- Dorsal Block
- Humeral Fracture Brace
- Relative Motion
Module 3: Advanced
- Static Progressive MCP Flexion
- Low Profile Radial Nerve
- Static Progressive Wrist Extension
- Elbow Turnbuckle
- Static Progressive Forearm Rotation
Registration Fee (per module)
Cancellation of registration prior to the start of your virtual course is permitted and will result in a refund minus a $50 cancellation fee. THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS AFTER THIS ESTABLISHED DEADLINE. It is the responsibility of the registrant to notify ASHT of cancellation in writing or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds will be issued within 30 days of notification. In the unlikely event that a course is canceled, ASHT will provide full refund of the registration fee only.
All grievances may be directed to the ASHT Education Division by sending an email to: email@example.com.
For further information or questions regarding this course, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.