Attention all ASHT members! We have built our careers and community service on amazing clinicians who have come before us. It is important for us to recognize these pioneers and realize their influence on what we can do today. This is your opportunity to recognize and award our ASHT colleagues who have made significant contributions to our field and have given us a foundation on which to build our profession. ASHT offers multiple awards at the Annual Meeting that recognize the hard work and accomplishments of distinguished individuals.
- The Nathalie Barr Lectureship Award is among ASHT’s highest honors, recognizing and honoring a member of the American Society of Hand Therapists who has made significant original contributions to hand rehabilitation. The nominee must have shared their knowledge and skill through publications and speaking presentations.
- The Paul Brand Award recognizes individuals who have exemplified humanitarianism in their work as a hand therapist in addition to providing clinical and professional excellence in several facets of practice.
- The MacDermid Lifetime Scientific Award in Hand Therapy recognizes an ASHT member who has made effective contributions through research to the science and practice of hand rehabilitation.
- Lifetime Fellowship status is an honor awarded to individuals in recognition of career-long contributions to the society and the field of hand rehabilitation.
- The Hall of Fame Award was established to recognize hand therapists who have reached the pinnacle of excellence in all areas of hand and upper extremity therapy. The areas identified for excellence include clinical practice, research, advocacy, education, international involvement, and innovation. The nomination is open to former hand and upper extremity therapists currently retired from the profession. Nominees must be former (or current Retired) ASHT members with previous volunteer and leadership experience within the Society.
- Honorary Membership status recognizes individuals for their long-term professional interest and interaction with the society.
Does someone come to mind that is deserving of any of these awards? Now is your opportunity and responsibility to recognize them! We need your help to hear about all the great things people are accomplishing in our field. For full details on these awards and the nomination process, please visit the ASHT Awards page. The submission deadline for nominations has been extended to July 14, 2021. On behalf of the ASHT Awards Committee, we thank you in advance for your nomination and your commitment to acknowledging our colleagues for advancing out profession. We look forward to your assistance in recognizing our distinguished colleagues.
Mary Mundrane-Zweiacher, CHT
2021 Awards Committee Chair